Sign in to follow this  
buellwinkle

Sudden rash of news articles on how cameras save the day

Seems like there's more news reports on how surveillance cameras foiled a crime in progress. The first one is funny because the guy yells at the burglar to leave and he does. He has 3 Dropcam cameras, $199 each, plus $99 each for recording and he says it all cost $150, not very good at math, LOL. Watch this for a period of time as they play related new segments back to back with the same theme.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/05/man-foils-home-burglary-thanks-to-smartphone-camera-app/

Yeh, here in the UK, we noticed that the police only come if you have proof that someone is in your house. If the house alarm goes off and you call them to come over to investigate without having proof that someone is in your house, they dont really bother.

They often use the fact that there is CCTV to place callers on the back burner " oh we'll look at the CCTV later"

A man called the police to report a burglar in his garden summer house. Police said we haven't anyone to send, lock yourselves in the main house and wait for the criminal to leave.

Ten minutes later he called the police again and said this is Mr Jones again, no need to attend now, I took my shotgun and killed the intruder.

Minutes later several police vehicles arrived sirens blazing lights flashing to find the intrude alive and still in the act.

The lead policemen said MT Jones, I thought you said you'd shot him?

The man replied Yes and I thought you said there was nobody available to attend?

Minutes later several police vehicles arrived sirens blazing lights flashing to find the intrude alive and still in the act.

The lead policemen said MT Jones, I thought you said you'd shot him?

The man replied Yes and I thought you said there was nobody available to attend?

In America, that story would end with "You're under arrest, Mr. Jones, for filing a false police report." In addition, Mr. Jones would end up with a longer prison sentence than the burglar.