Sign in to follow this  
Chandler

Newbie building system

Just ordered a Hikvision ds-2cd2032-i camera and a ZyXEL GS1900-8HP Managed 8 Port PoE+ Web Managed Switch. I added the switch for my POE power so I could add cameras later and everything already be set.

I think I also want a dvr that we can view from a wireless tablet in the home over our wireless network and email us with motion detection. Some night notification would be great also if we are sleeping and the camera detects motion outside. Hopefully someone can recommend a decent priced dvr for us. I would like to be able to view the cameras while at work also.

Can I transmit the video to a flat panel monitor by our bed?

I think I also want a dvr that we can view from a wireless tablet in the home over our wireless network and email us with motion detection. Some night notification would be great also if we are sleeping and the camera detects motion outside. Hopefully someone can recommend a decent priced dvr for us. I would like to be able to view the cameras while at work also.

Now days 99% of IP based DVR's have audible alarm and WEB access and motion detection

You can just split the output from DVR between TV and dvr's Monitor.

Or perhaps if your TV is connected to internet and can browse websites you have chance without direct connection.

Whats your budget for DVR?

P.S. its IP camera so it might have web server without DVR consult with manual or contact manufacturer.

Now days 99% of IP based DVR's have audible alarm and WEB access and motion detection

You can just split the output from DVR between TV and dvr's Monitor.

Or perhaps if your TV is connected to internet and can browse websites you have chance without direct connection.

Whats your budget for DVR?

P.S. its IP camera so it might have web server without DVR consult with manual or contact manufacturer.

Just noticed your reply, sorry for the late reply. I'm using my desktop with hikvision software. It works but not email notification and motion alarm constantly false alarms. Even more at night due mostly I think because of bugs flying around.

I'm researching a better desktop software to use with my poe switch and cameras. I also noticed hikvision has a android based software that may work on a tablet. I have yet to test it.