Sign in to follow this  
rak313

Blue Iris licence activation question

I currently have an Arecont Vision 1.3 MP camera with Luxriot that I have had since 2009 running on a Core duo circa 2007 PC.

I am planning a surveillance system with 4-8 cameras. I want t use a newer PC based recorder (that I will assemble) and am thinking of BI for the software. Prior to buying all of the parts for the new PC, I plan on using my old PC and 1 or 2 cameras (Hikvision?) to verify the correct camera choice and software.

The question I want to know is: If I buy BI and load it to the old PC, will I be able to transfer it to the new PC. That is, remove the software from the old PC and re-install it on the new one (without buying a second license)? If not then I will need to build the new PC first. This will be a distraction as I have not yet decided n what cameras to use.

Thanks

Yes, you can transfer registration to a second PC, and you don't need to remove it from the old PC. The first one will drop back to demo mode.

Your best bet for BI questions is the community support forum at cam-it.org. There's lots of info and expertise there.

Yes, you can transfer registration to a second PC, and you don't need to remove it from the old PC. The first one will drop back to demo mode.

Your best bet for BI questions is the community support forum at cam-it.org. There's lots of info and expertise there.

How does it do that (drop down to basic)? Does that mean the software communicates back to a server via the internet? I was not planning an internet connection after I set it up.

Thanks for the cam-it link.

Yes, it communicates back to the mother ship. If you try to activate the same license on two PC's, it only allows one.

So what happens if the internet is unavailable for awhile, or, (heaven forbid), BI goes out of business. While I'm happy I can proceed, I'm not sure I like software that can turn itself off.

But the price is right.

Thanks for the PM.