Rudie

QVIS Login via internal network

Hi,

I have set up a DVR with an internal ip address of 192.168.1.10 and have setup up port forwarding on my bt modem/router for ports 37777 and 37778 (ports 37777, 37778 and 80 are open).

using an iphone app, i can connect on port 37777 successfully. but i need to setup ddns on the dvr, so the only way i can do that is by logging into the dvr from a laptop.

when i enter 192.168.1.10 in the web browser (or even the external ip address) all i get is a blank webpage with a title 'Web Access' and no qvis login fields.

does anyone know whats wrong with this?

thanks in advance.

usually when this happens the laptop needs some kind of activex component to allow the video stream to be viewed. generally when you run the viewing app and select the camera a message box would come up saying that a component is required to be installed and it would normally pull it off the connected camera. you could try the web page of the camera manufacturer to see if it can be downloaded and installed on your laptop. some issues also present using windows 7- try an xp machine if using win7 or win8.

hi, i can access other qvis dvr settings ok with the same laptop (running vista) but not this dvr, so assuming its not letting me connect on port 80 on this particular dvr?

so you can connect fine to another dvr and get the web login page then login to it no bother.

In the past when I have come across web issues like buttons missing etc it has been to do with the browser settings affecting access to scripts and running components etc under the custom security button on internet explorer. on ie11 most are disabled.

It seems to block certain parts of the web page from loading.

you could try running wireshark Ethernet logging program and see if it gives you any pointers.

hi jazzar, you were right, i thought that if activex was installed for one dvr, they all should work. so changed the security settings and then installed the activex again and it works fine now on port 80. thanks for your help.