MattVidionics

Can anyone help me with an Anykeeper/Koditec AVI problem?

Hi,

Two weeks ago, I caught someone on my driveway CCTV camera opening up my car and stealing some equipment. Although I sent the AVI to police, the image was too dark.

Since then I've installed 2x 8mm bullet cameras looking down both sides of the car. Last night he came again, and one of my cameras got an absolute cracking image of him! It's perfect! So I want to send this AVI to the police.

PROBLEM:

(Kodicom v2.15.60.0)

I goto the SEARCH tab, select the camera, put the "timeline" at the start of the recording. I click SAVE, then AVI format.

After about 5 seconds another window appears:

"Saving AVI format, the CAMERA's IMAGE (which is already playing!) and START/STOP/EXIT"

Problem is, during the 5 seconds delay the video is already playing and has passed OVER the incident! I can only start making the AVI file "after" the incident.

It has always been like this, but since my cameras are on Motion Detection, and it happened just after midnight, I cannot start the recording any earlier, then run-into the incident!

I have Koditec software v2.15.60.0 which came out last year I think. I cannot upgrade it due to old firmware on the board (later software does not detect the DVR board).

Anyone else had this problem and overcome it?

Any help will be gratefully received so I can send this AVI to police.

I can still capture a BMP/JPG, but the AVI shows him in the act!

Thanks,

Matt

(http://www.koditec.com/eng/support-program.htm)

start recording the footage just before the start of the incident (or the last footage you have) then when its finished recording that it will just skip any blank scenes and start recording the footage you require.

Thanks for your reply, but....

Remember that all my cameras are on MOTION DETECTION, so they are only recording when something in the picture is moving.

On this incident, there is nothing before the incident, as it happened at 04:00am. To rewind to the previous activity is impossible, as it in the previous day.

I cannot go to the previous day, because you can only display one day at a time (you cannot rewind past midnight to start the AVI file).

Before I had no problem, because there was activity (recordings) behind the incident. This time I have no recordings behind the evidence I need to make the AVI.

Matt

not familiar with the software.. but you could do the following:

1) pause the footage on the best image of his face.

2) hit SHIFT + PRINT SCREEN to copy the current desktop to the clipboard.

3) ctrl-V the image into some photoedit program like photoshop - you now have a digital picture of the guys face to print, save as jpeg, whatever...

hope this helps.

You can use Camtasia and do Screen Capture, but save it as an Avi movie .. works well I do it all the time with the GE Dvrs.

Rory