msilin24

Boat Trailer Camera cable?

Hi everybody, I'm new here. I just installed a rear view camera for my dad's truck. My next step is to add a second camera on the trailer for his boat.

I'm looking for some help finding the right cable to hook it up with. His truck gets wet when hes submerging the trailer.

I found this cable on amazon but i thought its a little expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Connect-Disconnect-Camera-System/dp/B006WOWQWS/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406163000&sr=1-10&keywords=trailer+cable+quick

Can someone help me find the right cable for this? I was thinking of just using a BNC/RCA cable with a dust cover, not sure what to do about power. Could possibly use a battery pack if all else fails.

Ideally there will be a connector under the trunk with a cover to keep the water out.

Thanks!

it looks substantial enough to deal with water etc from trailer wheels kicking up water and rainfall. the price is reasonable considering that you are getting 4 off waterproof connectors already made up and cable looks heavy duty suitable for its purpose.

try and get the ip rating and check it against ip65/66/67/68 which ranges from splashing water to submersible to 1m - just google ip ratings for details.