Sign in to follow this  
bandit12

home cctv query...

r All,

I am looking at how to create a CCTV system for my home but I am finding it hard going, can anyone advise me on how to do the following:

I want a system which allows remote monitoring via a tablet computer for portability, but can also record images.

2-3 cameras monitoring the garden for child safety, so I can be washing up but still see my kids.

1 camera monitoring security weak point along exposed fence line, and 1 Camera monitoring the garden gate, both with motion detection, an alert function plus recording.

1 Camera to monitor the front door so we can see who is there without opening the door again with an alert function, or perhaps linked to the doorbell?

I have about £500 to spend so I know I may need to start small and expand over time; any advise will be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hi bandit12,

Do you have broadband wifi wireless, if so I have just bought the following system Sentient wireless camera, DWH Series video security system from Maplins.

I have 4 camera's and a base unit easy setup, you will have to buy a 32GB Sandisk memory card £29.99 and if you download OMGuard you can see camera's on iPad or Smart Phone.

The base unit has a 2hr charge so you can take it off base and take it round your home if required

Won't connect to door bell though.

Check out Maplins for different cctv systems and price but £500 should be ample.

Hope this helps

Hi bandit12,

a DVR kit will solve it, 4 channels. You can buy from your local seller or go for Maplins or Amazon, I recommend to select Swann, Q-SEE or Kguard, the image quality you can preview on youtube.

If view on tablet, you must connect the DVR to Internet, better broadband, operation quite easy.

Hope to it helpful to you.