Sign in to follow this  
hvmodi

CCTV system with separate password for each camera

Hello All,

I would like a CCTV camera set up where I can connect CCTV cameras to a DVR with video feed and recording access of each camera having a different password.

So camera 1 has a different user/password

camera 2 has a different user/password

Anyone connecting to the DVR, would need the password for camera 1 to be able to access it.

Would appreciate any help on this. If there is a product that can do this straight off the shelf its best, or if its possible to customize something with security groups, then one security group per camera could help.

Thanks!

Hello All,

I would like a CCTV camera set up where I can connect CCTV cameras to a DVR with video feed and recording access of each camera having a different password.

So camera 1 has a different user/password

camera 2 has a different user/password

Anyone connecting to the DVR, would need the password for camera 1 to be able to access it.

Would appreciate any help on this. If there is a product that can do this straight off the shelf its best, or if its possible to customize something with security groups, then one security group per camera could help.

Thanks!

I installed a Speco Zip Kit and it allowed each camera to have a different password and each one is accessable with a different ip address.