Sign in to follow this  
Land1

I need help on Milestone Xprotect Go

I have Xprotect Go running on 1 PC, all cameras connected and viewable ( this is first time I use Milestone on Pc ), I would like to know howto set up another pc in same local network to view Milestone on that first Pc, also what software do I need to view on Android tablet ? Please help. Thanks.

Install the smart client on your other pc. When it goes to login to local host change it to the IP address on your server on the other machine. Your password will be the same.

For android download the milestone mobile app and set it up. You will need to use your outside ip address and set a port forward in your router to your server so you can view it outside of your network.

You also need to make sure you have the mobile plugin installed in milestone. It should have installed by default if you did the normal install.

Hope this helps

I installed Smart client, but at log in screen, at computer line : only have local host, no other option can be type in, I used Windows 8.1

Windows 8.1, ughh. Anyway, you can use remote clients if you setup a basic userid and password so do that first in the management app. With Smart Client on the other PC, use the IP address of the PC running Milestone and your newly created user/password. With the Go version, you are limited to one client connected at any time, so if you are logged in somewhere else, it may not let you connect.

One tip is you can get the Smart Client software by connecting to the server running Milestone with a browser (port 80).

I created basic User ID and pw in Management, but still not able to log in at Smart Clinet at other PC, on "computer" drop down arrow, it only have localhost available still not have space to type in anything. Do you think the Windows 8.1 cause the bug?I am a homeowner I am new to this stuff please be patient with me.

Don't know what's going on as I have Smart Client 2014 on Window 8.1 on my desktop (separate from Milestone server PC) and I can enter an IP address or domain name (I connect to 2 servers and it works fine.

Thanks for your quick post buellwinkle, As I understand you stated : you can type in Milestone server IP address at Smart Client 2014 on the first line " computer " ?

No, the pc which had Milestone software did the same way as other pc, at Smart client 2014 log on windows, no option to type in at Computer line, just localhost default.

This is bizarre as my PC that is running Milestone or my desktop can run Smart Client and it just works, just give it the IP under computer, basic authentication and user name password. I checked the Milestone forum and it shows people connecting remotely with an IP address with the GO version. So something went bad in your install maybe. I would uninstall Smart Client on you PC (not the one running Milestone) and download a fresh copy of the Smart Client here - http://www.milestonesys.com/Support/Technical-Support/Download-software/

For some reason, it shows Smart Client and Server Side Smart Client in the downloads, didn't even know they distinguished between the two, may be new for 2014. I would install the Smart Client, not the Server Side Smart Client, maybe that's the problem.

Thanks buellwinkle for your quick reply. I finally found the way to access, all my problem is : I did not use the prompt to back space the word : localhost to make space for type in the IP address, now I can access to the Milestone server and view cameras. Thanks again for all your helps, you always at front line to help people. I let my 2 year olds Dahua NVR turn off and started using Milestone with newly bought a small size Dell desktop with Celeron processor (it is so quite only 1 fan for processor with external power supply ) wth 4 2MB cameras, after I read your article about Intel Nuc with Milestone in Network Camera Critic .