Sign in to follow this  
pipabix

To configure the feed on milestone, to suit mobile streaming

Quick one,

As I've the mobile app up and running, and for when using the web client outside the home. Is there a way to change the feed/playback quality/size to help when viewing.

Obviously I don't want to lesson the image for the PC/recording.

And adjusting the camera itself will only do the above.

Thoughts? Is it possible? Or is it a case record at 3mp, and Max everything. But then your stuck streaming this excellent quality.

Thanks

Pip

I have mine set to use the sub-stream for each camera. This affects live viewing only, not recording which is still done at 3MP for the main stream. It's in the cameras settings, don't remember which, I think video, but if you can't find it, let me know and I'll check mine.

On Milestone, in the management app, click on camera and I think it has a button that says camera or settings, don't remember, not home. Then it gives you a menu on the left, I think video is the option. There's an option for multi-stream that you check.

cool got it,

dual stream,

oh, but now ive lost the picture on web client, just black screen. . .. hmm

actually cant view sub stream in milestone at all.

maybe not possible on milestone go

or do I have to add it like a second camera?

on the hikv firmware under port settings, I have the 4 ports put to 5001 5002 5003 5004.

would I need to allow some of these in the windows firewall

I notice, while I have a black screen, if I move in front of camera, the motion detection green and red boxes appear in top right of the screen, just no image

Have have to restart everything to be safe. Also, configure the second stream on the camera under Video/Audio, select Sub Stream from the top drop down and pick the options for that stream as maybe it's set to something Milestone is not expecting like MJPEG.

OK thanks buellwinkle,

I'll try that this evening.

I guess the settings on milestone must match the settings on hikvision firmware

I'll have a tinker around with it

Am I right in thinking that main stream/ recording should be done in h.264 and sub stream should be in mjpeg??

buellwinkle,

are you using xprotect go?

reason I ask, is I don't think its available, I get black screen on web. . but green and red sqs appear, to indicate motion/record.

its like as if its blocked the image.

I have gone over the settings. . changed the IP , searched and picked up the cam again. etc. ..

no luck.

can you also confirm, that under the Hardware device, pick a camera,

camera settings summary appears, underneath properties, the open button. to the right, mine says MPEG, and I cant change this. . I was expecting to see H.264 for video format

also, under the cameras and storage information, without clicking on a cam, under camera summary, I see my cam and again format MPEG, Recording settings Motion Detection. . . I would have thought the format should be H.264.

maybe its fine, and is recording in H.264, but thought it weird. .and was thinking was there something stopping the sub stream..

all the hikv firmware settings are on H.264

Bingo

Change RTSP port on the Hikvision software to 554 and I have sub stream working. .

ill need to do up a start up guide for the hiv and milestone. .

a lot of trial and error, must people would have given up.. .

but me. . I constantly say to myself, the answer is on the web.

the above was takin from a hikvision technical bullentin that I found..

anyway . . im good to go...

fully working now. .. just playing with images now, to find what suits certain areas.

pips