buellwinkle

Do you have a 6mm lens in your Hikvision camera?

I've noticed an anomaly with the 6mm ds-2cd2032-i that has more blue in the image than say the 4mm or 12mm lenses. Almost like the affect you get from a broken IR filter but nowhere near as strong, so it's not that. Could be a lens design issue or the IR filter color used in the 6mm is different, but I would think they use the same IR filter with the different lenses, or not.

Anyone have the same experience with this lens?

I've noticed an anomaly with the 6mm ds-2cd2032-i that has more blue in the image than say the 4mm or 12mm lenses. Almost like the affect you get from a broken IR filter but nowhere near as strong, so it's not that. Could be a lens design issue or the IR filter color used in the 6mm is different, but I would think they use the same IR filter with the different lenses, or not.

I have just had that camera (ds-2cd2032-i) delivered from Aliexpress with a 6mm lens fitted. Two of my DS-2CD2332-I cameras are still in the post but three of them have now been fitted. Comparing both types of camera images for colour hues they are both very similar with no difference noted at all.

I do not have another ds-2cd2032-i to do a direct comparison.

The color shift is subtle, so maybe to most it's not noticeable. For now, I found setting saturation to 40 and hue to 40 has made it better. I'll experiment more when there's full sun later in the day.

I have 2 USA version 6mm ds-2cd2332-i cameras and one 4mm ds-2cd2332-i. The 2 6mm cameras have 5.1.2 firmware. Comparing the 2 6mm cameras to each other (both with the same out of box settings) - one I would describe as perfect color balance, the other one has a slight blueish cast and slightly different brightness. After adjusting for brightness, there is still a slight blue cast. Adjusting the hue can minimize noticing it, but not completely eliminate it.

The 4 mm version seems to have good color balance.

Rick

I don't understand it. I looked at 3 cameras with 5.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.6 and they all have a white balance option. There was an oddity in 5.1 that showed MWB as an option but that was not chosen. Not sure what "locked wb" is. Natural light produces slightly better results.

So is the theory that white balance on 5.1 is better than in 5.1.x and I should go to 5.1 to get better white balance. If so, not a big deal.

BTW, this is the return back for Video/inputs/channels/1 which has the white balance, so if it's possible, I can set it from there, but not sure if that would buy anything.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

-

60hz

auto1

-

auto

OK, downgraded from 5.1.6 to 5.1 and that did indeed fix the problem, a dramatic difference. No rush to install 5.1.6 back as there's no benefit for me in doing so.

So is the theory that white balance on 5.1 is better than in 5.1.x and I should go to 5.1 to get better white balance. If so, not a big deal.

I think the issue is that a number of cameras (e.g. 50% of mine) have poor white balance settings 'out of the box'. This can be fixed by manually tuning the white balance settings, but for some inexplicable reason Hikvision removed this feature in the 5.1.2 firmware.

OK, I see that now and that's what MWB means, manual white balance and then it gives you sliders to set it. Heck, I got even better results doing it that way. What happens as color temperature shifts during the day as it's different at dawn vs dusk, does it still look good all day? Also, I had to kick down saturation as the image looks way too colorful.

OK, I see that now and that's what MWB means, manual white balance and then it gives you sliders to set it. Heck, I got even better results doing it that way. What happens as color temperature shifts during the day as it's different at dawn vs dusk, does it still look good all day? Also, I had to kick down saturation as the image looks way too colorful.

I've just set my two "purple haze" cams to Red = 40, Blue = 34. That gives me a very accurate colour balance throughout the day. I've not had to touch saturation with those settings. It tooks some trial and error to get the right balance between red and blue.

I have a range of 4, 6 and 12 mm ones. Cant say I've noticed any difference apart from the 12mm seems to be affected by lens glare a lot more than the others.