Sign in to follow this  
Land1

Port forwad on Milestone server

For out of network viewing, which ports do I need to forward ? Milestone's ports or camera's ports ? If it is Milestone ports what port numbers do I have to use ? Thanks.

To use the Milestone web or mobile clients, port forward 8081 and 8082. You can even just use 8081 if you uncheck the secure connection on the mobile client.

Thanks buellwinkle , So I set 8081 or 8082 as TCP port, do I have to set UDP port ? I got used to with Dahua NVR and their cameras, they used TCP port 80 and UDP port 3777.

I think I did something wrong here. I set TCP port 8081 for PC had Milestone server on my Uverse modem gateway router, when I do port check tru Canyouseeme.org it failed. Do I have to set something on Milestone ?

Make sure the mobile server is started. There's an icon for it in the system tray. Also, make sure it's not a Windows Firewall issues. Normally Milestone updates this, but I had it work and then stopped after a Windows update, so make sure that port if free on firewall by turning the firewall off, test it and see if it makes a difference. If it does, you can add that rule to the firewall for that port.

Check with me did I do correct : On Management, Sever access, I set port 80 as local port, port 8081 as internet port.

In system tray,I did not see Milestone mobile, only see Recording service started, I search in computer, it did not see Milestone mobile server, what do I miss here ?

I go to Milestone web site, I see Mobile server download for windows store, Apple, Android .I did not see anything for PC to download, I am lost here.

I turn off Firewall, Canyouseeme.org can see my port 80, but It can not see port 8081. what do I need to do ?

In my system tray (far lower right of screen on Win7 or Win8 desktop mode), there's an icon that when I hover over it, it says Milestone Mobile Server - Started. I have Win7. There may be an up arrow on the system tray that shows additional icons as it can only typically show 3-4 on the task bar. Then if you right click on it, there's lot of other options like show/edit port number, start/stop server. That's how I always accessed it.

If not, go to the Start menu (Win7, have not clue where that is in Win8) and there's Mobile Server Manager but have never used that myself but should be a good place to start.

On the camera page on milestone, set it to port 83 and then use internet port 8081

On the hikvision firmware, set the 4 ports to

On your router forward ports 8081 to 8082

Make sure you have opened the ports

On your windows fire wall. You can google to see how this is done

The above has worked for me

Changing ports on hikv firmware may lead to researching for the camera on milestone