Sign in to follow this  
empedokles

Hikvision Webinterface

Under the menu entry "Playing" I receive an error: No plugin detected. (I'm using Linux). But there is no link where to download it or any other information. This is mainly important for me, as I intend t do motion triggering and recording.

How to install it?

The plugin only works with Windows and OSX, there is no plugin for Linux at the time. The camera itself contains the plugin that's installed when you first use the camera with a browser. You can manually download it from the Hikvision website, but not for Linux.

Will try to install it over Ubuntu software center as it looks to advanced to install from their website. Thanks.

Edit: Still command line?

I didn't even try zoneminder, as the comments were so bad about it. I've found Xeoma though, which seems pretty neat and node-based. I'm not sure how long the free version is usable though:

Ypn6G8rrSGQ

Some people like Exacq that runs on Linux and well price at about $50/camera. I prefer Milestone but only runs on Windows. Zoneminder but can be difficult to setup and use. Not sure about Xeoma, but looks like it starts at $20/camera.

Your best bet may be to run VirtualBox on Linux, install Windows on that so you can run iVMS4200 PCNVR software which is free from Hikvision or Milestone XProtect Go which is free but limited to 8 cameras and 5 days recording or Axxonsoft which is free for 16 cameras and 1TB recording or BlueIris which is about $39 per PC.