sf1964

sensitivity question on pan wv 474 f dome camera

just installed 2 cams in dim lit location and l am confused as to what to set the "sens up"setting to.There is a setting that goes to 32x and as low as 2x and l am not sure how this feature works!!ie does the larger the number mean it will be more sensitive to light change up or down and therefore change to b/w mode or vice versa and what should the setting be for my situation as l would like it to go b/w as soon as possible(more sensitive?)

l would appreciate any info as l am new to these cameras and this is my first time installing!!

that really all depends on what your other settings are on. List the settings under the camera menu as you have them right now. Also what kind of lighting conditions are they? Any dark shadows? Or extreme lighted portions? Any times when the light situation changes all the sudden? Or is it a constant level lighting?? Those panasonic cameras are extremely exact/specific in the way you can adjust the cameras for different applications. I love them now I figured out that they are not like any other camera so you cant compare when adjusting

The bar is low light with a few neons and surrounded by tvs(l posted pictures under "suggestions for these camera shots" in the camera forum.

Ok the dip switches are as follows b/w is set to auto 1 with the illuminence set to high

b/w switch set to auto 1

ap gain set to int

ALC set to super D2-on

shutter speed??

sens-up set to x10 auto

white balance set to atw1

b/w set to auto 1

Hope this helps but there is no real change up of light until last call at the bar and the main lights go on!!

i would keep your sens on x4 unless your auto1 on b/w has the duration set on the higher end (farther right on the scale)

if you have it on fixed the agc is turned off

i am sorry i did not read the full thing you originally posted

if you want it to switch between color and black and white as soon as possible you need to set the duration as far to the left as possible on the bw mode of auto1. Then move your sens to 10x. Try that and if you get what looks like to much movement on the screen the adjust the sens back down to like 4

The Panasonic sens up will provide more IR light reaching the CCD.

I would pick 10X. As you go up to 32x to get more light, it's a tradeoff as you're effectively slowing the frame rate....you'll see the camera frame rate decrease as the camera image slowly builds. Too much sens up will provide an unusable image as the IR light takes over.

I do love the Sens Up feature for outdoor applications.

Ok here is a pano wv-cw484 sdIII with sens on 2 auto ( i know they are not in focus.....it was cold)

37699_1.png

sens on 6

37699_1.jpg

now a picture with no IR's

37699_2.jpg