Sign in to follow this  
LoseTheMullet

ACTi Information?

After exchanging emails all day with a company that sells Zavio cameras/systems I finally understood what he was telling me - "the sd card can only be triggered for a motion event, it cannot be manipulated remotely".

I need to be able to trigger the cameras to start and stop recording - for example: on Tuesday record to on board memory card from 2-3pm then stop. Can I do this with ACTi cameras and their NVR software using TeamViewer or a web interface or Blue Iris?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can because you can set a schedule for that time period on those days and you can do motion detect recording or full time recording during those periods.

Thanks for the reply. From your answer it doesn't seem like there's a simple 'START/STOP' record button in ACTi's NVR software or Blue Iris?

Does the NVR software or Blue Iris have to be running on a computer that is on site where the cameras are or can they be run on an Internet connected remote computer from anywhere?

Oh, can you recommend an ACTi dealer with excellent support?

Thanks

Yes, most NVR's and NVR software can record from a remote camera but the costs would be very high as for each 1080P or 3MP camera, you would need 4-6Mbps upload at the camera location. So if you had a few like 4, you can probably get away with the top tier service from your cable provider. Or you can scale back frame rate, resolution, increase compression significantly.