KJT

Camera problem -- best option?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and a first time poster. I've searched the archives and haven't had any luck. So I'm asking for suggestions.

I have a 12-volt B/W CCTV camera overlooking my driveway. Last week, the camera stopped displaying a clear image. I have disconnected power overnight with no change.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement camera? I don't think I need IR because a spotlight illuminates the driveway. I saw in the archives that Rory uses the Eclipse ECL-596 color bullet (no IR) as well as the Provideo CVC-325WPSW (I also saw he's used the Provideo CVC-320WP -- both with IR).

Would the Eclipse be a suitable replacement? I'd appreciate any suggestions (including a good source -- Eclipse seems pretty scarce on the web). Thanks in advance!

KJT

Edited by Guest

My suggestion: Get a new cam, power supply and cable.

Most IR bullet cams are fully weatherproof so there is no need for additional housing. Also, they all pretty much switch to B&W at night. Eclipse has pretty decent stuff. I would search around. It all depends on your budget.

Oh, and B&W bulllets are available, i'll do some research and post back with my thoughts.