philooo

Milestone XProtect - camera scripting to restart on daily ba

Is it possible to have Xprotect send some commands to my ip camera so that they restart once a day ?

I have some crashing from time to time and it would be easiest if I could have Xprotect restart the camera automatically each day, it only take a few seconds and the would save me the trouble.

I use Xprotect Go for now, and I have no idea if the software can do that sort of things.

I know my axis camera can be restarted via command line scripts but no idea who to automate it.

Not sure how to do it in XProtect, but most cameras accept an URL command to reboot, so you can write a Windows script that issues that command to each cameras, then schedule it with Windows Task Scheduler. I have script I wrote that checks each camera by making an HTTP request and emails me if it's not responding.

If you have a managed PoE switch, you may be able to send it a command to reboot itself, making it power cycle all the cameras. May be better as it will power cycle a hung camera where sending the camera a command to reboot to a camera that's not responsive may be moot.

The other thing you can try if your PoE switch is not managed is to get a Wemo, plug the switch in that and then you can reboot it remotely but not sure if you can schedule it.