wiseye

H.264 DVR Instructional Help?

Hi,

I have a Digital Video H.264 DVR, that I have set up with one Camera on Channel 1.

By default it is continuously recording on a 24 hour basis, eg; it starts from midnight

at 00:00 till 23:59 then starts a new recording, so anything older than a day is erased.

The video is divided into 60 minutes segments. The manual is of no help and here's what i would like to know:

1. Can I set it up so that it only erases older videos when the HD is full.

2. Is it possible to start recording only when motion is detected and how?

3. Is it possible to keep recording continuously on 1 channel and record motion detection video on another channel using the same camera.

Here's what my interface looks like.

370027402_035.jpg.49de4297192ecfbd32beadddb64a1935.jpg

The screen shot of the main menu is of no help at all. Every second DVR will have a menu the same or similar to that. The manufacturer would've been more help, OR (as I am guessing) there is no brand name on it. Another dirt cheap no name knock off that gives unsatisfactory results.

Most DVRs will record until the HDD is full & then either overwrite or trigger a HDD Full alert. Most DVRs will do all the other things you want (even the cheap ones)

Have you checked in the manual that came with the recorder?

Thanks for the reply, I've checked the manual, all it says is menu/record/recording config and when get there I can see channel: 1

length:60 min

redundancy: unchecked

prerecord: 5 sec

Mode: schedule

week: wed

period 1: 00:00 - 24:00 and then the boxes of

Regular, detect and alarm are checked next to period 1

Period 2, period 3, and period 4 have their boxes unchecked.

Here's the same manual if anyone is interested in having a look.

http://www.ukcctvsystems.co.uk/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FFile-1357161076.pdf

period 1: 00:00 - 24:00 and then the boxes of

Regular, detect and alarm are checked next to period 1

Period 2, period 3, and period 4 have their boxes unchecked.

If you check "regular", you will be recording all the time. You should be using "detect", and then configure motion detection.

hi- having looked at the manual under general -hdd- there is an option to record until disk is full- so you should not be limited to 24hr only unless your disk size just so happens to be full after 24hrs- i think this unlikely, cant quite make out some of the screenshot titles due to poor resolution on the document, have you tried different settings here.

Have you tried to get in touch with qvis for support ?