Sign in to follow this  
mitbug2

looking for pc base system with 4 (for now) but capable to 8

Hello...could anyone here give me a suggestion to what system...and price wise (private pm fine)...I'm been looking at complete system at ispyvision...the card is fine...but the computer hardware are not to my liking...(at least 120fps or better, able to view via internet....) Can I do better than ispy...not good with building computer... Thanks

Are you completely sold on a PC Based system? Have you considered a standalone DVR? Often times you can save money with a standalone. You still get some neccessity features like good recording, remote access via Internet, CD/RW Backup, etc...

How many cameras will you have? How many days to record? What features do you "have" to have in a DVR?

What kind of cameras are you looking for? Where will they be placed? What will they be looking at? How far away from the subject are the cameras? Do you need Infrared? Color? B/W? Indoor? Outdoor?

Any info provided will help us help you!

Hello SM...thanks for reply...i'm be using this for my business... small retail setting...(1200 sf). I will need at least 4 cam right now but would like at least 6 (front door, back door, left and right front store area...would also like to have one outside front door and out side back door). Lighting indoor is constantly on (fluorescent), front area will have big flood light at night, back door no light (total darkness). I'm firm beliver of better than average equipment, not the best but will get those that more stable. I'm not sold on any system yet, but thought pc system would be cheaper than stand alone...Thanks