fas

PC vs. DVR for Nanny Cam Setup

I was asked to setup hidden nanny cams for a few parents. The setup will be 2 hidden cameras either in smoke detectors or motion detectors (wired cams) whichever they prefer. I would like to accomplish this at the least cost possible. Would you recommend a pc based dvr, or an embedded dvr? I have thought this over, and there are pros and cons to both, so it basically comes down to which one is cheaper. Can it be done for under $600 either way? I looked at the geovision 20 fps cards, and I am not sure if 10fps is good enough for remote viewing on the internet, but maybe it is. Most of the embedded dvr's have 60fps, which is probably enough depending on how good the webserver is. They do want to be able to watch over the net. I usually prefer Nuvico dvr's, but they are too expensive for this application. If anyone can recommend a dvr with remote capabilities and a cd burner or a pc based card that might do the trick I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I setup alot of temporary nanny cam gigs using this guy. It has remote access, triplex operation, 30fps total, and USB PC Link. Using the USB PC link, you can then burn a CD from your computer.

ECO4.jpg

[EDIT: Please no links to your own products in posts ]

Its very affordable and comes without a hard drive, so you can put in whatever size you need!

its great pricing cause its dealer pricing (what us dealers buy from distributors)

please guys ... The Monster sells at retail pricing so please dont compare, like someone else said, dealers sell service and knowledge, not equipment.

Rory,

What were you refering to as dealer pricing? The link I posted? I am not affiliated with that website in any way, I just found it on the net. I even asked you about that same unit once. It wasn't the pricing I was asking about, it was the quality of the unit. I was just asking an opinion.

It wasnt end user prices, those were distributor to dealer prices ... thats why the price is going to be almost half the price of a retailer's store.

Every link is free advertising on google for those guys ... so we gotta take care in what links we post.