Rene

Where to buy Geovision 1240 - 16 Ports

First, sorry for the newbie type question.

Where is the best place to purchase a new Geovision 1240 - 16 ports card, with the 7.05 software since 8.0 has not been released yet.

Also, will I be able to update to 8.0 once its release since it is expected to be released this month?

I am looking for the best price, and the software upgrade support.

Another question, are the video inputs protected against surges caused by lightning? or do I need to install some sort of surge suppressor on the rg59?

Thanks in advance.

Rene

First, sorry for the newbie type question.

Where is the best place to purchase a new Geovision 1240 - 16 ports card, with the 7.05 software since 8.0 has not been released yet.

Also, will I be able to update to 8.0 once its release since it is expected to be released this month?

I am looking for the best price, and the software upgrade support.

Another question, are the video inputs protected against surges caused by lightning? or do I need to install some sort of surge suppressor on the rg59?

Thanks in advance.

Rene

Adding 16 lightning rods to your computer does seem a little risky.

From experience if you "call" digitalwatchguard.com they have been known to drop their published web price several hundred dollars on the 1240x16

Also going from 7.05 to 7.1 or 8.0 is a free upgrade and it's just a simple software download for the 1240's sold by DWG.

Yeah I didnt see that part about surges, use a Voltage Regulator on the main Camera Power Supply, and the DVR ... as for lightning thats another ball game, but i imagine power spikes and brownouts are a little more common .. the cameras do get hit sometimes but rare.

Paraphrased from my weather forum...

If you want to prevent a lightning strike, just install a 2-iron somewhere in the wiring, because not even God can hit a 2-iron...........