Boardwalker

Suggestions for a residential security system

Hi I am trying to set up a system that will be triggered by a cartel probe that will turn on some cameras and send a notification straight to my cell phone so that I may view what is going on at my property.

I already have some cameras and a NVR. The cameras are Speco Bullet Cams O2B5 and the NVR is also from Speco and is a N4NSP.

I mainly just need to know how to get the probe to activate the cameras and send a notification to me so that I can view a live image of what is going on. Any advice is appreciated

Simplest way would be to use email notification triggered by moton detection, then no probe is needed

I like the thought of the email notification but I want to use the probe to stop all the false alarms of just animals and that kind of thing, thats what I like about the cartel probe only metal will set it off.

I like the thought of the email notification but I want to use the probe to stop all the false alarms of just animals and that kind of thing, thats what I like about the cartel probe only metal will set it off.

Well, then you need a camera that has alarm input/output and can trigger alert on alarm input. Many cameras have this option. You need to check levels on probe if they match the ones on the camera.