Sign in to follow this  
incentive

hikvision firmware

Hi has anybody successfully extracted the firmware image of an encoder or an nvr?

I have used binwalk which extracts parts but not the file system, think its obfuscated and firmware mod tool which doesn,t recognise it as a filesystem.

I dont have a unit to try telnet or such so just have the firmware downoad image

Hi has anybody successfully extracted the firmware image of an encoder or an nvr?

I have used binwalk which extracts parts but not the file system, think its obfuscated and firmware mod tool which doesn,t recognise it as a filesystem.

I dont have a unit to try telnet or such so just have the firmware downoad image

Why do you need it?

Everything has been done for a long time: all hikvision firmware disassembled and assembled

Some ptz protocols on the encoders are not correct and i wanted to write and add more

You do not change, there are no scripts control the PTZ devices like Dahua.

Better contact support Hikvision with this question.

Reading strings on hicore file from the encoder firmware suggest its sits in this folder

/ptz/ptzlib.c

iam not talking about ip ptz, but legacy analogue cameras connected to the ds-6716 encoder using the 485 out to control the cameras

/ptz/ptzlib.c

It's just a link to the source code to build the application, and no more.

Do you want to patch application hicore?

There are no separate scripts, but there is a file /home/app/ptzCfg.bin

Yeah i thought the source code might of unpacked from the firmware file and could add to it, i wouldnt know how to patch it

There are no source code.

Try reserch /home/app/ptzCfg.bin or better contact support Hikvision with this question.

Why do you need it?

Everything has been done for a long time: all hikvision firmware disassembled and assembled

Is there a good write up on this preferably on that also describes the boot/load process?

Managed to mount the initrd drive looks like it mounts yaffs2 volumes on intial bootup

Would be good to change the login screens on the web frontend