aurmol

connect poe ip cam to non-poe nvr

My nvr is non poe with default ip of 192.168.1.1 and none Qube.

Qube ip cam has fixed ip of 10.1.1.X (you can't change the first 3 even on software access thru pc) which connects to their NVR with built in poe switch with address of 10.1.1.1. Does this mean that even if you use DHCP, it still won't revert to the router ip range of 192.168.1.1? Or could it be the pc can't change the qube ip of 10.1.1.x to 192.168.1.x because the pc has to be set to 10.1.1.x too.. how do you go around this?

If qube has fixed ip of 10.1.1.X and the first 3 unchangeable (can anyone else confirm this?). What router has default ip of 10.1.1.1?

Most use 192.168.1.1.. how do you connect it then to these addresses? Thanks.

you should be able to set the router ip to the 10.?.?.? range., see my snip attached showing network settings of my router- you can edit and change to suit.

756144448_Routerip.JPG.6580d54abeaf8cced8b9dd8a1a166324.JPG

to change the qube IP on 10.1.1.x you need to set your pc/laptop to the same range.

to assign a static IP to your pc see:-

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

once you set the pc to the same range you should be able to connect to the qube and then change its ip address.

once you have done the change remember to change your laptop / pc back to dhcp or the address before you changed it.

you may have to rebbot the qube for ip change to take effect.

You can add that IP to your PC. Then you can access the IP camera then change the IP on the camera if that is what you are trying to do??