Sign in to follow this  
rak313

how to use Hikvision’s iVMS-4500 with Hikvision’s iVMS-4200

I currently have 5 Hikvision IP cameras connected via POE switch to a wireless router (that is not connected to the internet), and recording to a dedicated remote PC.

This PC runs Hikvision’s iVMS-4200 storage server. The PC is direct wired to the router. All cameras, the router, and the PC have IP addresses of 192.168.1.x, netmask 255.255.255.0.

The recording PC has a wireless connection to my main wireless router, which is connected to the internet via 192.168.0.x,netmask 255.255.255.0. It uses this connection to get NTP time.

I have another dedicated PC for viewing live and recorded video that runs Hikvision’s iVMS-4200 client software. The connection from the playpack PC to the recording PC is wireless via the 192.168.1.1 wireless router. The playback PC has a second wireless card that connects it to the main wireless router (192.168.0.1) providing an internet connection.

I want use an ipad (or Android tablet) with Hikvision’s iVMS-4500 to be able to view the cameras live. But I am unsure how this works. Does the Hikvision’s iVMS-4500 connect directly to the cameras or to the Hikvision’s iVMS-4200 client?

The reason this matters is I want to connect the ipad to the 192.168.0.1 network for internet access. This network can see the playback PC but not the cameras directly.

So the question is does the IVMS-4500 connect to the ivms-4200 client, or the cameras directly?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

iVMS-4500 should connect to the PC with iVMS-4200 PC NVR, or to every single camera if you only want to see live video (and no recordings).

For the first case, you need to port forwad the needed ports to the PC NVR. For the second case, you would need to port forward to each one of the cameras, which would be a bit of a mess.

By the way, your network config sucks. Two subnets? And a computer connected to two wifi networks? Really?

By the way, your network config sucks. Two subnets? And a computer connected to two wifi networks? Really?

Thanks for the information and your opinion . My opinion is it doesn't suck. It was done that way on purpose.

The wireless traffic from the cameras on the 192.168.1.1 wirelesss network is 20-40 Mbps, and I plan on adding more cameras. I put it on a 5 GHz channel, that can support 100 Mbps thruput. I use 5 GHz because few are on those channels and the signal doesn't travel very far.

I want none of that traffic on my regular 2.4 GHz home wifi network. Thus the 2 networks. The only reason the playback PC was connected to the main network was to get time. But that connection will now also allow a tablet running ivms-4500 to connect to the ivms-4200 client.

I could be wrong - but I didn't think HK iVMS 4500 interfaced to iVMS 4200 at all.

It will show the live feeds via the camera or any recording clips if you have a SD card in the camera.

OK i now have an ipad with ivms-4500, and I'm trying to connect to my pc running ivms-4200. This is all within my local network, not via internet. On the ipad ivms-4500 devices screen, I set up Reg Mode: IP/domain, Address:192.168.0.196 (ip address of my pc running ivms-4200), port:8000, User name: admin, pasword mypassword of ivms-4200, camera no: 1

I get back "connection failed" error.

If I use a browser on the ipad to 192.168.0.196, I get the login page of the ivms-4200, so I have connectivity. And I can login (but not see cameras - because i needs a plugin).

Help appreciated.

OK i now have an ipad with ivms-4500, and I'm trying to connect to my pc running ivms-4200. This is all within my local network, not via internet. On the ipad ivms-4500 devices screen, I set up Reg Mode: IP/domain, Address:192.168.0.196 (ip address of my pc running ivms-4200), port:8000, User name: admin, pasword mypassword of ivms-4200, camera no: 1

I get back "connection failed" error.

If I use a browser on the ipad to 192.168.0.196, I get the login page of the ivms-4200, so I have connectivity. And I can login (but not see cameras - because i needs a plugin).

Help appreciated.

UPDATE:

I was logging into a remote client that was not where the storage was taking place. So now here is the situation:

I have ivms-4200 v2 storage server running on a window 7 pc. I have 5 hikvision cameras recording all the time. On this same server, i have ivms-4200 client software running. I set up my ipad with ivms-4500.

I configured ivms-4500 (on the ipad) to the ip address of the pc where the storage server is running, port 8000. In live view on the ipad, all 5 cameras show error 73. However, if I select remote playback, i can see the recorded material on the ipad.