victorb

IP Cam not showing on network.

I have a outdoor IP Camp model: FI8903W. It worked great when I first got it but gave me too many false alarms, so I took it down (after one month of use) and stored it for a year. Now I need it again for a different site, so I got it out again. I hooked it up to my router with the Ethernet cable to set it up, but it is not showing up for some reason. I have tried everything. I swapped the power source, changed the Ethernet cable, tried a different router, hooked it directly to my computer with the ethernet cable. I have tried several IP scan tools and even logged into the router and checked the DHCP client table. It is not showing up anywhere.

I know the camera is on because I can see the IR lights glowing. The green and yellow lights on the camera ethernet connector also light up when I plug the ethernet cable in. I have pushed the reset button many times too.

I have no idea what it could be. The camera was working fine when I stored it. Can anyone please help me!!!

I have a outdoor IP Camp model: FI8903W. It worked great when I first got it but gave me too many false alarms, so I took it down (after one month of use) and stored it for a year. Now I need it again for a different site, so I got it out again. I hooked it up to my router with the Ethernet cable to set it up, but it is not showing up for some reason. I have tried everything. I swapped the power source, changed the Ethernet cable, tried a different router, hooked it directly to my computer with the ethernet cable. I have tried several IP scan tools and even logged into the router and checked the DHCP client table. It is not showing up anywhere.

I know the camera is on because I can see the IR lights glowing. The green and yellow lights on the camera ethernet connector also light up when I plug the ethernet cable in. I have pushed the reset button many times too.

I have no idea what it could be. The camera was working fine when I stored it. Can anyone please help me!!!

Perhaps you set a static IP on the camera and that's why it's not showing up on your new network. Try restarting the camera to factory defaults. Should be a restart button on there somewhere as the previous poster mentioned...