mjpallarca

Please help me about fps

Given a same CCTV, can you have a camera frame rate of 8-12 fps and a video capture of 30fps, I mean, why does they have a different fps since they are just the same camera? Please help, I badly need to figure this out.

Given a same CCTV, can you have a camera frame rate of 8-12 fps and a video capture of 30fps, I mean, why does they have a different fps since they are just the same camera? Please help, I badly need to figure this out.

HUH? Please explain your question...what system are you using? where are you seeing 8-12fps and then 30?

IP Camera can be set to send say 25fps, this allows the viewing pc to view at this frame rate, however you can set the recorder to record at a different frame rate say 5fps - so that hard drive size can be reduced for recording. But this cant be reversed ie if camera is set to send 5fps then the max that can be recorded would be 5. maybe also depend on your type of system as to what you can do reference frame rates.

Boogieman that's the reason why am I confused, it is just the requirement of the company that invite us as a bidder for there CCTV system. But during the pre-bid they also said that they want to meet us because they are not CCTV experts and we can correct them for any mistakes with there plan.