Sign in to follow this  
rizzodrat

System guidance?

I am hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction...

What I am looking for is a digital video camera that is commercial grade and weather-proof. Hi-res and hi frame rate. I want to be able to permanently mount it out side and connect it to an external power source. I need it to have internal storage like a hard drive. It would need at least three days of video retention. I would set it to record video 24/7.

If the need ever arose for me to retrieve video, I would pull down the camera or connect to it wirelessly through some kind of ad-hoc network. wi-fi would be unavailable in this area, so it would not be connected to the internet.

To me, this sounds kind of like a game-cam. I was hoping there was something a little more commercial grade with good optics out there. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Higher end Box cameras do have SD Slots for recording, look into the Bosch Dinion range as it may be suited to what you want to do - but I don't know of a camera that will do exactly as you describe.

Look into cameras designed for remote placement, such as building sites - High cost but it appears to be in the realms of what you want to do.