Sign in to follow this  
Javik

FPGA upgrade for GV-2008 / 8.3.1?

I have an old Server 2003 / GV-2008 system running 8.2.0 that's been crashing/freezing. I'm rebuilding the system and want to update it to the final release 8.3.1, before Geovision went 64-bit and dropped support for the GV2008.

Geovision seems to have horrific FPGA upgrade documentation, as in, none at all.

Release 8.3.1 has an FPGA update FW155 for the GV2008.

I have no idea what FPGA version is on the cards now, that was used with 8.2, and don't know how to find out. It's the original version from Geovision when we bought the cards.

Do I need to install FW155 to use the 8.3.1 main system software with the cards? Or can the 8.3.1 software work with the cards as they are now, without the FPGA update?

How exactly do you install the update? Just run "DRVINST.EXE", or do I need to go into the GV2008 folder and run "GVFPGAUp.EXE" ?

We have two GV2008 cards. Does it auto-update both cards without intervention?

Is there a way to back up the existing FPGA code on the card, in case this update doesn't work out and I want to revert the cards to where they are now?

If I upgrade the FPGA for 8.3.1, can I still go back to the old original 8.2 software, or do they cards need to be downgraded to the existing FPGA code again, to work with 8.2?

(Sorry for so many questions, but it seems none of this is explained anywhere.)