Sign in to follow this  
bob0209

NVR to Monitor via powerline

Hello All,

I am complete newbie to cctv camera, recently purchased 6 IP cameras and a 8 poe nvr; please excuse me if what I am about to ask is stupid question. I would like to connect all the 6 IP cameras to the NVR and keep my NVR in the attic and I would like to the monitor installed in my home office to see the cam images.

1. Is this possible?

2. If 'Yes' please advise me how? I have a powerline adapter .......is that something I should use? since I cannot drill holes etc to re-wire due to the house being a very old one.

Any advice in layman terms will be really really useful.

Many Thanks,

-Bob

First dont put the NVR in the attic the heat will kill it. If you dont want to run any cable then you can use an android stick pc to run ipcamviewer and display on a monitor..or use a pc with software...What NVR do you have?

First dont put the NVR in the attic the heat will kill it. If you dont want to run any cable then you can use an android stick pc to run ipcamviewer and display on a monitor..or use a pc with software...What NVR do you have?

Thanks for the reply, I have the hikvision DS-2CD2132-I dome cameras and hikvision 16 ch/ 8 POE NVR.

I thought the attic is cold atleast mine is , I do have a PC but how do I connect my PC to NVR? thru powerline adapter (i.e if I had to put it in the attic).

Thanks,

-bob

Well i guess it depends on where you live...does it get hot in the summer?

The NVR needs to be connected to the network..as long as the cameras are connected to the nvr via the poe ports (and not someplace else on the network) you would be fine hooking the NVR to use network via powerline (if you cannot get a cable from the nvr to your router/or nearest switch...

The pc would connect wired to your router...now the the nvr is on the same network as the pc, you can just login to the NVR via internet explorer and view your cams....

Or use a small tablet and ip camviewer...

Well i guess it depends on where you live...does it get hot in the summer?

The NVR needs to be connected to the network..as long as the cameras are connected to the nvr via the poe ports (and not someplace else on the network) you would be fine hooking the NVR to use network via powerline (if you cannot get a cable from the nvr to your router/or nearest switch...

The pc would connect wired to your router...now the the nvr is on the same network as the pc, you can just login to the NVR via internet explorer and view your cams....

Or use a small tablet and ip camviewer...

Thanks you so much... I guess I get it. can I log into my NVR and change setting etc thru this method? or do I need connect to the NVR directly change setting?

Thanks,

-Bob

you will be able to change most settings via this method...

Thank you so much will try this over the weekend..and come will come back to update.......

once again many thanks