Sign in to follow this  
na300zx

Need Recommendations for IP PTZ Camera Up to $800

So I am researching buying a PTZ camera from www.gwsecu.com/. I am looking for a 20-30x 1080P minimum camera. Looking at their KDT and KDW series, I cannot make up my mind. This will will be mounted on the front of my house. I want something to auto focus, auto track...etc.. Can you guys please recommend something for me? I'm not so sure about the wiper on some of the cameras to clean the lens. It appears this would be something else to worry about breaking. Thanks advance!

These are Dahua cameras, but I'll try and translate to what I know of Dahua PTZ cameras. The KDW-HP59AC12/20/30-8 is a good buy and should be in your budget, at least in the U.S. it would be. It has very good IR reach and can tilt up -15 degrees which is important in many cases where the camera is not mounted very high like on a 1 story home. I've only reviewed the 30X zoom, but it was amazing. It's drawbacks are that the processor is a little slow but changing to a slightly lower frame rate, say 20fps which is still very good makes the PTZ controls more responsive. The KDT-HP65AC20-80 would cost more, out of your budget at least in U.S. terms, but has a faster processor, more responsive but physically a lot larger.

Thanks for the quick response! They quoted me the KD-HP66AC20-80 for a little over $300. This seems like a good deal to me and I doubt for my usage I would really notice much of a difference between cameras. But, I'm one the guys that must have the best bang for the buck. I believe I have come across a few of your reives on Youtube. They were really helpful! I emailed them about the cameras that you suggested. Do you see an issue with firmware for these cameras if I purchase from them? I know I will save a great deal by purchasing direct from them. I will not have any trouble setting them, as long as I can get the necessary files. The American sellers seem to ask a premium for these cameras!