gill07

****HELP Needed for 3 ip camera Swann NVR System

Hi all,

I would like to start off by thanking all who respond and share insight

I recently purchased a 8 camera Swann NVR system to use at my home and shop. The plan was to install 5 camera's at my house and other 3 left over in my shop. I bought a Q-see nvr to use as a recorder in my shop (had built in PoE). But with my luck, and because im a Newbie the 3 camera's didnt work. (even called Qsee support - said Swann isnt supported with their systems.

I have 7 days before i leave the country and really need solution fast.

Short story - I need a NVR system to support 3 camera's. Ive done tons of research but can't find answer. I don't need to view via internet - no access in shop

Options

1. use old pc and run hikvision Ivms 4200 software on pc

- i would then need a PoE switch connected to PC? very confused on how to use PC as a

NVR - found nothing online in regards to setting up (maybe someone could kindly

explain)

2. purchase a compatible NVR for my 3 Swann HD 820HD

- can't find just a 4 channel Swann NVR or any other so i could plug and play. - aren't

sold alone

Any suggestions? Thanks again, looking forward to your responses.

the pc would be connected to the network (router or another swtich connected to your router) and the poe switch as well...

There are lots of hikvision NVR's you can buy that support your swanns ..google.

Or just buy q-see cameras and return/sell the swanns

the pc would be connected to the network (router or another swtich connected to your router) and the poe switch as well...

There are lots of hikvision NVR's you can buy that support your swanns ..google.

Thanks for your response - ive done some google-ing and no one has confirmed if the Swann Camera's i have would work on a Hikvision NVR. I don't want to run into the same problem again. lol

Thanks for your response - ive done some google-ing and no one has confirmed if the Swann Camera's i have would work on a Hikvision NVR. I don't want to run into the same problem again. lol

Also let me get this straight:

1.PC plugged into Router

2. POE switch (with camera's connected) plugged into router

3. Use Hikvision software to manage and record footage

is there anyway without having to use a router - connect PoE switch directly into PC and use software to manage?

your steps are correct..in theory can connect it without a router and assign the ip addresses yourself, however it can become complex..i suggest just using a cheap router....

Also, if you shop is connected to your home network (via a single ethernet cable) then just hook the switch tp the cable and the cameras and pc to the switch..