Sign in to follow this  
agcsr25

Optex RLS 3060 Laser Experience

Just wanted to update folks on my experience with the Optex RLS 3060 lasers. I went with multiple lasers in conjunction with multiple Axis IP cameras and using Milestone vms for perimeter security. All I can say is it is incredible. No false alarms and it catches all real events. With milestone you can actually see the laser scanned field, see and track the threat as it moves and simultaneously view the camera or cameras triggered by the laser(it tracks size, speed and direction of threat). The other great feature is being able to activate different external IR illuminators from the laser based on which laser zone is tripped, activate outdoor speakers with verbal warnings, send alerts to me and set off the monitored alarm system. I have previously used video motion detection which was an epic fail, video analytics which was better than vmd but still left me disappointed, pir's with each camera which reduced false alarms but never gave the precision and options like the rls 3060 laser. You can tailor the scanned laser field to exactly match your physical outdoor layout down to inches so even elaborate/intricate yards can be custom matched.

Regards,

Andy