Sign in to follow this  
oderus1671

disable passwrod protection on Avermedia nv5000

as the title says, how do i disable passwrod protection on the avermedia software? I have to enter a password literally for everything, even to simply minimize the program! I use the system at home and dont use the remote monitoring features (yet, anyway) I saw a box that says "ask for passwrod at startup" and deselected it, but i dont see any other settings concerning passwrods. I am set up as admin. any ideas for a dude with sore fingers from entering passwrods over and over?

Well, the best way to do this is (only way):

-Go into your setup menu

-Select User

-Click edit on ADMIN

-Leave your password blank

As of now this is the only way to keep from entering the password so much. As admin, you should only have to enter it when entering the setup menu or minimizing or exiting.

thanks,

BTW, i have printed the manual out that came on the cd (169 pages!!! ) and its not the greatest manual ive ever seen. Is there somewhere i can go to get newbie help using the software? the FAQs on their website are mostly for problems or errors.

mostly my questions are concerning the playback.

-when i use intelligent search and define an area to search, does it only search for motion in that specific area?

-Is there a way to output the file to an AVI? How is this done?

-Can I designate sensitivity for certain areas, or is it across the board for that cam?

-whats a good sensitivity for people walking across the cameras view? right now its set at around 50-60, and i got about 800 megs worth of my wifes cats walking around! Im afraid to set it too low and miss the important stuff!

Im sure i will have a bajillion more as I start using it more! Hope you dont think i am a pain!

1. It only searches for motion if it's setup to record motion. Go to SETUP click on RECORDING select ALL cams from top, and click continuous recording.

2. Yes you can output to either Mpeg4, Jpeg, AVI, or .DVR(Mpeg4 advanced). This is done through the backup feature. When it asks to NAME FILE click the drop down at the bottom and select video format output.

3. If you are referring to Motion Detection, YES. Under RECORDING section of setup menu you will see a motion det. section. It basically keeps the whole screen a detectable area. You can use the MASK or SHIELD. Mask will keep the selected area un-detectable. SHIELD will put a black box over the video area selected. This area will be recorded with the box, and that selected area will not be detected. There is also a Motion Sensitivity setting on the left 0-100.

4. We setup our systems default to 65. This is usually a good setting, but it all depends on your preferences. You should use Audio Detection recording. Nice new feature that came out with 5.5. You will have to get a Audio Extension card and a mic.

Hope you dont think i am a pain!

No problem. Glad to help.

hey kandcorp, you seem to be the guy who knows avermedia stuff! Is there a way to define the pre-record time? I read somewhere that it automatically records a few seconds prior to motion detection, but cant remember where i saw it. Can i edit a config file somewhere to increase this time?

Goto SETUP

Click RECORDING

Under the Recording Mode Section (Upper Right) you will see right below where you choose Motion Rec., Cont rec, etc a Start Recording Prior and a Stop Recording After. You can change the number of seconds there.

thanks kandcorp. i must be using an older version than you. Im still using 5.1. In my record settings i see motion sensitivity, file quality, and frame rate. Only i see the "stop recording after xxx seconds" settings under the alarms section. Ive got that part set to record the camera 45 seconds after motion, but i cant find for the life of me any settings to edit the pre-record... do i need to update to the newest version to get this?

hey kandcorp, is there any way to disable the POS console in the software? its not causing any problems, I just dont need it. I have been exiting out of it every time i start the program, but was wondering if I can just remove it all together.

Also, do i need to set up the alarms on each camera to catch motion detection video? In other words, do i need to set up an alarm for ,say, cam 1 to record on cam 1 when motion is detected? I see in the alarms section that if motion is detected, i can set which camera to record on. I want to capture only the motion caught on that specific cam, not all 3 of them. Basicall, I am trying to avoid the flashing Alarm icon in the top right corner. Will the motion detection setting under the recording setup suffice or do i really need to set up individual alarms for each cam to record motion? Thanks dude!