aurmol

Alarm Input Current

I tried some PIR and learnt their alarm connections just pass thru current when triggered (N.O. or Normally Open). This means you have to supply power to the Alarm Input of the DVR or NVR and have one part of wire connected to the PIR alarm connections (that can short it when triggered by the recorder).

Can I use a power adaptor of let's say 5A in this alarm input setup even though it draws maybe only 20mA? Can it adjust to any source power or draw all is supplied (overloading it)? I can't find in any part of the manual the maximum current of the alarm input. What circuitry does most DVR/NVR use in the alarm input.. is it just relay?

I need to know this before using a 5A or even 2A 12 volts adaptor in the alarm input of my recorder. Thanks.

Yes, it will work without any issues. that 5A rating is the maximum that the unit can produce. It doe snot just feed 5 amps to everything, that is just it's capacity. The devices will draw whatever they need so no worries here, just plus it in and carry on!