superjon

Dahua NVR4216-8P Mobile Access Problems

I have installed a Dahua NVR and am having a great deal of trouble getting the mobile access to work. I am using eleven Dahua IPC-HFW4300S cameras on this system. The Internet service provider is Comcast Business. I have setup port forwarding in the router for the NVR IP address and have confirmed on an outside computer that I can log into the NVR.

I have downloaded the iDMSS lite app on both an iPhone and an android phone. I have tried using the P2P QR code provided in the NVR settings to add the system to the app. However, every time I click the preview Live button on the app after scanning the QR code, the NVR freezes up and has to have the power cycled to recover. I tried it several times and always end up freezing the NVR up.

As an alternative, I tried adding the NVR to the same app by entering it manually using the IP and login info. Doing it this way I still cannot gain access. The app says the login timeout fail.

What am I doing wrong?! I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Jon

I have installed a Dahua NVR and am having a great deal of trouble getting the mobile access to work. I am using eleven Dahua IPC-HFW4300S cameras on this system. The Internet service provider is Comcast Business. I have setup port forwarding in the router for the NVR IP address and have confirmed on an outside computer that I can log into the NVR.

I have downloaded the iDMSS lite app on both an iPhone and an android phone. I have tried using the P2P QR code provided in the NVR settings to add the system to the app. However, every time I click the preview Live button on the app after scanning the QR code, the NVR freezes up and has to have the power cycled to recover. I tried it several times and always end up freezing the NVR up.

As an alternative, I tried adding the NVR to the same app by entering it manually using the IP and login info. Doing it this way I still cannot gain access. The app says the login timeout fail.

What am I doing wrong?! I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Jon

Have you tried using the paid app gDMSS plus? After scanning p2p, try saving it by clicking upper right button.. then go to LivePreview and just click one window. In my experience, DMSS doesn't have patience.. if network is slow or bandwidth too big.. it just drops the connections. Also have you tried testing one ip cam instead of 11? Maybe the cpu cannot handle all at one? Please update us how you solve it..

I haven't tried that app. I will give it a shot. As well, I will remove all but one camera from the system to dominate bandwidth issues.

This is good diagnostic advise. I will post an update on what I find soon.

Thanks!

i use the same operating system, but the only difference is that i don't scan anything i always enter the information manually, never fails, ( AURMOL ) have some great advice, make sure that you fallow up with us in what you do.