Hi, I've been given a task to install 100 IP Cameras in a large business center. From them 57 must be indoor and 43 must be indoor.

So far I've chosen

indoor - GEOVISION EDR2100-2F http://www.comelsoft.com/product/41563/geovision-edr2100-2f-ip-kamera-2-0-mpix-mini-fixed-rugged-dome-3-80-mm-obektiv-poe-h-264-wdr-outdoor.html#.VJ5luV4AA

outdoor - GEOVISION GV-EBL2100-1F http://www.comelsoft.com/product/41560/geovision-gv-ebl2100-1f-ip-kamera-2-0-mpix-low-lux-wdr-target-ir-bullet-outdoor-ip67-ik10-zashtita-6-0-mm-obektiv-poe-h-264.html#.VJ5ltV4AA

These are from local seller, from which we buy with discount. I plan running software Xeoma, because I've read better reviews for it and do it under Linux. Is there any better solution than this? Thank you.

If using Geovision cameras, why not use Geovision's free software? I'll give it the benefit of doubt that Geovision products have gotten better, but you should consider a more popular brand, at least ACTi if looking at Taiwanese manufacturers and their NVR software is very good and CPU efficient. Would certainly not do Mobotix as their quality has gone downhill. Axis and Avigilon make good cameras, but may not be price competitive with Geovision. Also Dahua and Hikvision make pretty decent cameras.

If you are looking for NVR software, I would stick with the top 3, Milestone XProtect, Exacq or Avigilon software. They are more efficient and when you have 100 cameras recording on one server or allow you to have multiple servers and combine into one interface, you want something efficient and reliable. They all have trial software so you can try it out.

As for buying cameras, with a 100 camera purchase, you can typically get bid pricing from the manufacturer. I know Axis and ACTi both do bid pricing and that may reduce the cost of the cameras by 10% or more from the manufacturer to the distributor and on to you.

Before even selecting the models, have you computed/designed the network that should support them? What bandwidth/camera you used in your calculus?

Also, the "monitoring" station is a recording station too? Are you sure you will be able to handle all of those without the need of a distributed CMS/storage solution?

What are your monitoring and playback requirements? Do you plan to include VA(analytics) too?