PlumbBum

Questions regarding a camera button and lead length

Hiya all.

Today, I have purchased this camera: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QPUA2BG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I was wondering whether anybody could hazard a guess at what (appears to be a button) does. I have drawn an arrow below:

262338_1.png

The top lead input looks like the power connector. The second is the one I am questioning, and the third is the RJ45 connector.

Secondly, as somebody who has no experience in CCTV, I was wondering whether you could judge the length of that cable connected to the camera. Simply because I'm going to need to put them through a wall, and hopefully they're long enough to go through the wall so I can make the connections internally.

I look forward to your response. These forums look quite interesting so I will continue to browse.

All the best,

Daniel

IP Cameras have a reset button, the internal menu is accessed through the web inteface usually unlike analogue cameras which stiil often use that horrid little joystick in the cable making it almost impossible to enclose the connections in a Junction box.

I know that I for one prefer the DTC (down the coax) or UTC (or UP the Coax depending at which end you are standing)

262470_1.jpg