asm626

How do I view my system off of a 4G or LTE network.

Hi, I would love if someone could help me. I own a mobile food vending business here in NYC. I currently have a security system with 4 cameras. I am on the AT&T network. I know they have a I2Gold Plan for 3$ a month that locks the IP address. During my season we are on the streets 7 days a week almost 14 hour days. I really need some help if anyone could tell me what I have to do or how to set it up. I use a night owl DVR with 4 cameras on it. 3 watching the outside and 1 on the inside over my draw. If anyone could help me please. Thank you. Andrew

Not a problem.

You need a Router that has cellular option. You can get cheap units that have USB ports which you would plug in a USB LTE stick or (best option) you could get an router with an embedded LTE modem. If a reliability is important to you I would strongly recommend the embedded LTE router option. USB LTE sticks come loose and break easy.

You will need static IP address that is publicly routable and you will need to understand how much bandwidth you will be using or you can incur very large overage bills from your LTE provider.

Also keep in mind antenna selection and placement is VERY important for quality and reliable service. Don't put your LTE modem in a metal box and expect good performance.

So do i need a M2M service from AT&T or do i need that i2gold plan?

I don't need to view the system 24/7 only a few times thru out the day. Also should i use a At&t embedded LTE router or do you suggest a certain one?

Also do i need a cloud service like drop cam. I am getting really confused on what i need to do and not to do. All i know is i need to see everything clearly. thanks so much for your help.

We work with Verizon and Sprint so I am not that familiar with AT&T's plans. With Verizon and Sprint you would need a M2M plan.

As for the router I would recommend Peplink or Cradlepoint though we have had some issues with Cradlepoint so we switched to Peplink. Have a look at the MAX - BR1

http://www.peplink.com/products/max-cellular-router/pepwave-max-br-series-specs/#compare

Long as you have a publicly routable IP address you can use any DVR/NVR or IP camera.

Thank you so much. Wish you knew someone in Long Island, New York. I don't want to deal with this. But I would have another 4 trucks that would have you hook them up asap. Lol thanks again.

Ur in PA you want to look into AT&T and do it for me. I will come to you. As long as we can agree on a price. My name is Andrew give me a call 516-972-7959.

@thewireguys I just wanted to say thank you so so so so much. I did have a problem with my 1st router from pepwave but everything is working now. I just wanted to say thank you. Oh wait one more thing so I am all setup and I am able to watch my guys off my home net work or when I am on the road via Wi-Fi. For some reason I can not watch it off my iphone on the LTE network but if I have WI-FI on my cell phone and I am able to watch. Is that normal? So basically I CAN NOT DO Iphone on LTE to Food truck but I can do home computer to Food truck or Iphone via Wi-Fi to food truck but can get it to work off LTE to Food truck any thoughts or is that normal?

Where do I check that on the DVR (night owl) or on the peplink router. This is all new to me. The night owl app works off my iPhone only on wifi.

I do understand what you're saying now but I am able to view my camera system on my iPhone via Wi-Fi only. If my cell phone is on LTE at work I am not able to view it. Is there a setting messed up in the pep link router?