Jason04

Sannce D6118A set up problems help needed newbie

Hi

My name is Jason and I am a newbie on here.

I have recently purchased a Sannce D6118A cctv kit.

I am having problems with the network settings and net service settings

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

First thing to be sure of is that the Hard disk is installed. That model stores it's network settings on the HDD for some crazy reason.

I suspect it was an afterthought. The next step is to check if your network has a static IP or dynamic IP i.e. your public address.

You need to set up a hostname on a DDNS service and update it from your DVR (Netservice Menu)

Then we have to open ports in the router firewall and FORWARD them to the DVR, this is called port forwarding.

It makes sure that any user trying to ccess your LAN through those open ports only can see your DVR and thats another reason accounts are important so that users have to use a username and password to access the DVR once they have reached it.

Once you have successfully done all this, your DVR should be available over yuor LAN and the www

Don't expect it to work 100% of the time the WWW being what it is but most of the time is reasonable to expect.

I have got mine working with my mobile phone using the App XMEye

Have not got round to setting up the DDNS as yet as its a bit of a headache to set up

I have got mine working with my mobile phone using the App XMEye

Have not got round to setting up the DDNS as yet as its a bit of a headache to set up

Actually it's not that bad, I can set one up in one in around 10 minutes.

A lot of the apps that will work with that Model are written by Meyetech see their website.

They support the majority of DVRs and NVRs are easy to set up and best of all mostly free.