Sign in to follow this  
duckegg1980

Hikvision wont record

I've got my Hikvision 2132 today, everything seems to be setup ok as follows:

POE

Windows 8

Dedicated HDD setup with 1 folder for share so path is \\ServerIP\RecFiles Nothing else on the drive

Using a Windows share (SMB) ran through and tested ok, formatted and displays as Normal even writes the datadir & infobin files no problem.

It just wont record though, I've got it set for all day every day continuous recording and nothing.

I've rebooted the cam (several times), Checked and double checked I'm saving the configuration. Time & date are set correctly, I've been back through the settings & cant work out what I've missed.

Also manual record wont work, in IE it says can't create file. In Firefox it shows as successful but no file is created (same with capture). These are set to be created on E:\cam\RecordFiles etc.

I tried the iVMS 4200 software and managed a manual record using that.

I'm hoping I've just missed something simple!! Any help appreciated

For info:

Model: DS-2CD2132-I

Firmware: V5.2.0 build 140721

Encoding: V5.0 build 140714

Try event recording, make sure trigger channel is checked, sensitivity is higher (higher the more will record) and you enabled event recording. If you click the record button on the web interface, that will just record to your PC and put it in the c:\Users\yourlogin\Web directory.

Also manual record wont work, in IE it says can't create file. In Firefox it shows as successful but no file is created (same with capture). These are set to be created on E:\cam\RecordFiles etc.

For manual recording on E: drive you must run IE or Firefox with admin rights. Otherwise they are not allowed to write outside of some user specified folders, they are not allowed to write anywhere they please on your hard drivers.

Right click on IE/Firefox shortcut, choose "run as administrator".

Thanks for your replies... sleep was what was required. Noticed today I saw the 'All day' option and 'all events' but hadn't see I could change that to 'continuous'

Setting the manual record / capture back to c:\ worked.

Thanks- next job to install it!