Sign in to follow this  
cctv cameras

viewing cctv on iphone 6

hi, i would really appreciate some advice on viewing a home cctv camera on an iphone 6,my problem is that ive setup a cctv camera/connected it to a virgin superhub/ assigned an ip address/ input all the correct settings for subnetmask/default gateway/2nd gateway/and the ports to use http=5002/and tcp=5000/ and mobile monitoring port =5001. ive also created and activated a no ip.com ddns address which i have entered into the cctv network page/and finally i have port forwarded in both tcp+udp ports 5000 through to 5002 on the router. so all is fine on the internal wifi network anywhere i go that has wifi/ however when out of wifi range i assumed the i phone with all the correct settings installed on (myeye app) would stream the feed through the 4g network?? but no ..... it doesnt can someone please tell me if the app is compatible or wether im doing something wrong?? i am reasonably tech savvy and really cant understand why this doesnt work

What settings did you put for the address in the meyEye app? It should have been the Hostname you created in No IP and it has to be meticulously entered.

Have you checked your DNs account to see if NO IP correctly records your current public IP? It's a long lease period with Virgin Media but nevertheless you can't assume your public IP hasn't changed (although unlikely)

The Procedure for port forwarding a Superhub as follows

1. log in and go to advanced settings. Username "admin" Default password "changeme"

2. Disable UPnP

3 Having set a static LAN address for your DVR, go to DHCP in advanced settings and reserve your DVRs IP.

You can either leave the DVRs IP ststic or DHCP now as the router will always assign that IP to your DVR

4. Now you can open and forward your port to your DVR's IP address apply

5 Return to your router's advanced settings and enable UPnP

Follow this procedure exactly, or you will have problems, if you didn't you can reset your Superhub and start from scratch)

Now go to yougetsignal and test your ports are open. Using this site proves your ports

are open from outside your own network. Don't worry your DVR is still password protected (if you set a password)

If that doesnt work then you will need to check your settings from start to finish are meticulous.

As you know computers don't respond to spelling at all. Never assume you entered settings correctly until they prove themselves correct

Good Luck