Sign in to follow this  
shawn3090

ACTi camera repeatedly losing connection

I have 21 various ACTi cameras at my convenience store, and I am experiencing connectivity issues with one of them. It is an ACTi E12 cube camera specifically. After about an hour of operation, the NVR loses its connection to the camera, and the ACTi IP Utility is unable to find it. Pinging the IP address also does nothing. It must be power cycled in order for anything else to see it again. All of the cameras are powered by three TP-Link TL-SG1008PE switches (8 ports, 15.5 W/port).

Is this a problem with the camera, the cabling, or something else?

First make sure it's not a cable or PoE issue. Just get a short cable from a store, maybe a PoE injector and plug it near the switch and see if the problem persists. For me, most of the time, intermittent connection issues arei cable related.

The next thing I would do is do a complete reset. Set it back up again and if that didn't fix it, send it in to ACTi. If it's under warranty, then great, if not, they will fix it for a fee which is usually much cheaper than buying a new camera. I believe the E model cameras have a few year warranty. I had a similar cube and they just replace the logic board inside, all was good.