JacobBushnell

Connecting a Hikvision camera to an IntelliSecu

Hello, I am trying to connect a Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I to a IntelliSecu 8Ch NVR http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KO89A86/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The camera is detected and the video loads but the formatting does not look correct. It's all distorted and the colors are all wrong. Kinda like when you connect a CCTV PAL camera to a NTSC system.

I have attached an image of the screen with the problem.

The camera is currently recording to a Dahua hybrid system, but the customer also wants a spot monitor with a few of the IP cameras showing at the front counter. Dahua Hybrids apparently do not support sending any of the IP cameras out as a spot monitor. My hope was to use this to tie into the cameras and display a live view without bothering the recorder.

When I login to the cameras interface it looks fine there.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is here?

NVR-camera-issue.thumb.jpg.5749e3e40ab430f0201d1d57660a5fac.jpg

I have seen that happen with one of those small NVRs. Don't remember what fixed it though.

You are connecting to the RTSP stream of the camera, right? At what resolution is that 2CD2132 working? 3Mp? Try lowering it to 2Mp and 1.3Mp.

Actually I am connecting as Onvif as the NVR detected.

The camera is Onvif, and I need the camera settings unchanged so it does not affect the original recorder. I just need a spot monitor with no recording.

Thank you,

Jacob

I found the solution.

This system will only work if connect to the camera's Sub Stream and I have to change the sub steam video format to MPEG in the camera settings.

Thanks for you ideas!

Jacob

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm trying to hook up the exact camera to the exact NVR and can't even get the IntelliSecu to detect the camera. I tried setting the Sub Stream to MJPEG, but there must be more that I'm not doing correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Did a factory reset on the camera, now it's picking it up fine.