oderus1671

NV5000 captures video at different framerates on channels

hey all, I have an Avermedia nv5000 120 fps dvr card. My problem is that I have 3 cams hooked up right now. Cams 1 & 2 record fine, but cam 3 records very choppy video and they are all set to 30 fps. This card should do 30fps on all 3 channels as I am actually using only 90fps total? Am I missing a setting or something? I can export and post some example clips to .avi if needed, (but if you need them to help diagnose, how do i post it here?)

What ports do you have the 3 cameras connected to? (1,2,3,4)

Do you have the 4th port (not being used) recording and display settings turned off?

oh and as far as putting videos on the forum...you must host them yourself or through a 3rd party file hosting company. You cannot upload video files here.

Thanks

ok, so i checked my settings, and the 4th cam was not enabled, but in the recording settings, it was set to "always recording". perhaps this is why. I have them hooked up to ports 1,2, and 3. I will give it a try tomorrow, as I dont run them at night, they are not very good at night. Thanks for looking, I'll post tomorrow as to what the results are disableing recording.

ok, so i tried putting cam 3 on channel 4... same thing. cams that arent in use are disabled and recording set to "no recording". Dunno what the problem is...

im getting choppy video on 3 and 4 channels. Im sure i have enough RAM, 1.2 gigs. maybe tomorrow i will try switching the cameras around to see if the cameras are at fault.anyone got any ideas?

ok, guys. i think i have it figured out. i have my card mounted to the second to bottom PCI slot, and i think its a heat issue. I left the side door off my computer and it worked better. So i figured I would set up an old 80mm fan i have from a previous pc ransacked for parts in front of the card and BAM! problem solved. Just thought I would share this with everyone for future knowledge. Keep them cards cool, baby!

That shouldn't have been an issue, and usually we would mount a single card on the first PCI slot (closest to PSU)

But, I am glad you got it all figured out.

yea, ive always tried to do that with other cards as well, such as sound cards and other input cards, but unfortunately i have a GIGANTIC Heatsink and fan apparatus on my AGP card and blocks the first PCI slot. The other slots i try to keep open for cooling reasons. BTW, i ran my nv5000 all day today and not a single hitch at all with framerates. 80mm fan is doing the trick. thanks kandcorp again!

Interesting............

I thought the rule of thumb was to keep a capture card out of the top pci slot?

I had issues until i moved mine down.