Sign in to follow this  
DD

record 10min of every hour

Hi, I'm looking for a solution to recording 10min of every hour from two cameras (BNC connections). I work for a research based organization and the video will be used for abundance estimates. So far I have not found any DVRs that have 24 user defined recording times, and none of the security software for a PC seems to fit the bill. Because we are a research Org we have to keep ALL the video, so can't overwrite files and it would be nice to have them in a format that is easily shared and viewed. Thanks for any advice. DD

Hi, I'm looking for a solution to recording 10min of every hour from two cameras (BNC connections). I work for a research based organization and the video will be used for abundance estimates. So far I have not found any DVRs that have 24 user defined recording times, and none of the security software for a PC seems to fit the bill. Because we are a research Org we have to keep ALL the video, so can't overwrite files and it would be nice to have them in a format that is easily shared and viewed. Thanks for any advice. DD

Blue iris can do this..you will need a compatible card if you want to use your bnc cameras....

http://blueirissoftware.com/

I've been using Ispy to save a frame every 4 seconds and I can view everything that happens over the whole day by watching a ~10 minute video. It seems really customizable so you might want to try it if you haven't. I'm not sure what the maximum number of scheduled recordings is.

Ok I was just looking in my NightOwl DVR, and have an idea. You can set it to record when an alarm is activated. Basically you would just need some kind of separate timer outside the DVR to activate the alarm when you want it to record.

I have this timer, I was using it to automate feeding my koi fish..

NP-DTM7D24H (just google that)

You would just need to wire the alarm circuit to the timer. Then set the timer to go off when you want.

Thanks for the ideas! I'm going to order the Blue Iris software and see how that works out. Looks like I won't need any external triggers.

Now, I just need to find a compatible capture card. Anyone have experience with Bluecherry? I am looking at the TW-201-8port card. looks like it can accept plenty of cameras connected via BNC and is in stock.

Thanks, I appreciate all the advice.

DD