Garkenesha

Problem with Remote Viewing

So, I have 3 DVR's installed (One at his house, 2 at the business) and the issue is that I can't get the viewer program to connect to the DVR's at the business on the laptop.... but it works fine with the mobile program. I can't figure out a reason why the laptop won't connect but the mobile will.

All the port forwarding seem to be working alright, since I can choose which DVR to connect to on the phone by changing the port number, triple checked the IP's, and the laptop program connects to the same model of DVR at his home.

The model of DVR is "DVR-7008s". No model was found on the DVR. The phone program is called "äutoID" and the laptop program is called "CMS".

It's meant to use some sort of Device ID and it's own servers to connect without having to set up any kind of port forwarding, but this feature doesn't seem to work at all. I can't even contact the manufacturer since their website doesn't even work.

Basically I'm out of ideas as to what the problem is, So if anyone has come across a similar problem PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

the port you forward for mobile viewing and PC viewing are different...

there may be a problem with server port forwarding or software you use to see cameras.

Break it down a step at a time.

using the cmd command on your laptop, with the laptop connected to one of the DVR's try using the "ping" command and see if you get a reply from the dvr- if your not sure what I mean just google "ping command" and you will get a youtube video about it.

if you don't get a ping reply then you will never get a connection,

once you can ping it then you can see if you can get the web browser to connect by putting the ip address of the dvr into the address bar at the top of the web browser page..

once you can connect via the web browser you can then check port forwarding is set up on the router for remote access.

google any of the above for more info.