JeremyH

Help with a GE Interlogix PTZ

I am not familier with GE brand of CCTV equipment. I currently have a Sensormatic system in place and found what appeared to be brand new GE Interlogix Cyber dome. 7" HSG w/ coax Interface. Model A0007A414

First, I tried to wire it up like an Ultra Speed dome. No luck I got a very fuzzy picture and no controls. Called the 800 on the box and they told me it needed to have it's own power supply. Got a seperate power supply hooked to it and it has a great picture! I then hooked up the servo wires for control and I get nothing. Does anyone know about these cameras or a site that has info about them. Is it compatible with the Sensormatic system or not? This is tourture having a new PTZ in your hands and not being able to use the darn thing. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Jeremy

Sounds like you need the GE ProBridge.

How do you have it hooked up currently?

What does the Sensormatic DVR use, is it a PC or Stand alone?

I had to use one with the GeoVision.

Click for Tech Info

Using a Sensormatic Intellex. I was using the coax video feed and servo wrires from the siameas wire from and old PTZ. I then had to run seperate power to get a clear picture. Im guessing it doesn't recognize Sensormatics protocal from the touch tracker.

Yes it is a DVMS 16000 running v2.59. I dont have to touch tracker running into the Intellex unit though. Its powered and connected through the Jbox that has all the camera lines running to it. 2 power lines run back to the office and a small box (i dont know what its called has a transformer hooked to it as well. Then the Touch Tracker feeds into it with cat5 wire. it was also running to a Sensormatic multiplexer as the remote in so you could switch through the cameras and set up multiplex shot of 1, 4, 9, 16 cameras. When I put in the Intellex There was no "remote in" on the DVR. I think you can wire that box into the DVR with a serial port connector which is the output on the box but has a cat5 connection at the end of the wire so it could go into the anolog multiplex. Needless to say the only thing hooked to the DVR are the video feeds. I control the cameras still because the protocal must be running through the jbox.

Not sure, best bet would be to contact GE or AD ..

You need something to change the protocol though.

Rory

was just looking through that Controller manual. Anyway, generally you cant controll other Manufacturer's domes without using that manufcacturer's Controller, or using a converter.

Only way it may work is to use a GE Probridge, but then you still need to be able to change the protocol somewhere, which it doesnt appear you can do so with that Controller. You probably would be able to control it if connected direct to the DVR uising a Probridge though, then setting up the Kalatel protocol for a certain com port in the DVR, giving you control using the DVR's PTZ software.