littleg15uk

Cant unlock DVR password without remote

ok, getting somewhere sort of, I used the win 7 laptop throughter router and the DVR through router. The laptop antivirus saw the dvr and gave a different IP. If I type the IP it asks if I want to install active x, answer yes then it says windows found problem, does not have valid digital signature, its trying to open htmlanyview.cab. Ok so figured XP wouldn't be so clever, hooked the old laptop up instead and same problem with digital signature+

trying to remember if XP lets your turn off security to allow without digital signature, got any ideas

Well, we are having a start:

Please turn you antivirus off for the moment, just for installing the ActiveX component

Look for the internal IP address of the modem in the client list

Open internet explorer

Internet options > security

Security > Trusted sites > Add the internal IP address of the DVR

Set the security of trusted sites at low >> so at the bottom

Set the compatibility mode one for the internal IP address

Install the ActiveX component or other software that is required by the DVR

Login ???

But here is another thread about installing a cab file

viewtopic.php?t=22037

I found the setting in xp to turn that off, it installed the file, its in Italian, great! looks like its an external viewer/recorder which does not give me access to the DVR own settings.....

Grrrr....

Think Im gonna call Dante, see if they have any ideas, I have wasted way too much time on this.

I found the setting in xp to turn that off, it installed the file, its in Italian, great! looks like its an external viewer/recorder which does not give me access to the DVR own settings.....

Grrrr....

Think Im gonna call Dante, see if they have any ideas, I have wasted way too much time on this.

Uhh, could you please post a screenshot, since the web interface is most of the time used as an external viewer/recorder/playback thing, but in most cases there should also be a settings menu, user control and such. With the help of google translate you can try to figure out the Italian.

Please make pictures with your mobile, and post them here.

so just for giggles I hooked a dvd player up to the dvr, it shows on the monitor hooked to the dvr but not the network viewer on the laptop so not even sure its really talking to it.

so just for giggles I hooked a dvd player up to the dvr, it shows on the monitor hooked to the dvr but not the network viewer on the laptop so not even sure its really talking to it.

Hmm never tried that to one of the systems I installed, do you have an analog camera? But can you make the picture of the web interface?

Edited by Guest

here is the photo of what I get. I cannot see the realtime video of the DVD player. Nothing seams to give me access to the DVR internal menu

It doesn't seam to like the passwords either as it wont connect to the dvr, keeps coming back with error messages to do with passwords as far as I can translate

IMG_2173.JPG.340ffaf0bf3235249a54b29ef3b440c8.JPG

here is the photo of what I get. I cannot see the realtime video of the DVD player. Nothing seams to give me access to the DVR internal m[attachment=0]IMG_2173.JPG[/attachment]enu

It doesn't seam to like the passwords either as it wont connect to the dvr, keeps coming back with error messages to do with passwords as far as I can translate

Hmmm that is a very simple interface.... well found this:

http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=cib44E1sozk <<< something about the interface, seems to be some settings on the right and at the bottom of the screen about the admin password.

Manufacturer seems to be 'Verified Supplier - Mvteam Industrial Limited', try to send them a mail at Alibaba?

google search

When left click with the mouse inside the password field - doesn't a keyboard pop-up which allows you to select letters/numbers with your mouse? That is the way mine works. I never use the remote. just a wireless mouse.

IMG_2175.JPG.9c962e891b9fe16887de1d4484f28360.JPG