Harriszach

Advice on how to to hook up a PTZ using a RS232 to RS485

Gretings all,

I have a RealSync 4 cam dvr system from PC Club (a nice unit). I want to hook up a PTZ cam and the support from these guys is horrible.

Using the device below, which wires from the PTZ dome cam go to which terminal?

http://www.sadkin.com/RS485.jpg

Also, will the system just know this is hooked up to the right cam? The system has PTZ ability on every cam screen, but I have never hooked one up before.[/img]

D- & D+ (data) are the connections you use to hook up the PTZ control. Your PTZ should have the same like - & + on it's wiring.

Your PTZ should also have a PTZ port or camera # which is dip switch settable. Set it to #1. If there is a terminate setting set it to terminate. Protocol should be set the same on the camera and the software; Pelco D is the norm. Baud rate; set to the lowest rate your camera can handle...2400 is the norm. On the software side you would set your RS port to the serial port you have it connected to; 1 or 2. After that it's all click and move.

The above represents the usual settings so if you have anything that does not match up to the above ask before you guess. I'm not familar with your camera so don't go connecting before you are sure of the connections as they are marked...

I bought the converter http://www.sadkin.com/RS485.jpg

On ebay for like $8 (china) so I don't even know if this is what I should be using. I didn't see any dip switches in the pic.

Can you give me any idea as to what I should be spending for a good converter (with dips)?

Also any ideas on where to get the best price on an outdorr small dome ptz cam?

Thanks again.

anywhere from 50 on up.

dip switches are in the dome, not on the rs.

yes on the Dome.........PM me if you want a source.